What is “Off-Campus Access”?
- Off-campus access is the opportunity provided to the members of the Istanbul Commerce University (students, full-time members of the faculty and the staff) to access the electronic resources of the library (databases, periodicals, e-books) from outside the campus.
Who may take advantage of the “Off-Campus Access”?
- In line with per licensing agreements, only the following groups may use the “Off-Campus Access” services;
- Istanbul Commerce University students,
- Members of the faculty,
- University staff.
- In line with per licensing agreements, external users may not use the “Off-Campus Access” services.
How can I use the “Off-Campus Access” service?
Academic and the Administrative Staff and the Students may use the “Off-Campus Access” service by typing their member codes, which consist of the university e-mail usernames and passwords for the former and the usernames and passwords that are used to login to ÖBS (Student Information System) system for the latter, either
- in the member code / password area, which is to be accessed after clicking on the off-campus access to databases to be found under the database headings in the databases and the e-book pages; or
- in the member code / password area, which is to be accessed after clicking on the “PDF Full Text” link of any article that comes up in the search results.
This process is to be executed once for each connection/session. When your connection is interrupted, the system forgets your previously entered “username” and “password”. For this reason, the “Login” box appears for each connection to be established and the above process must be repeated.
It is possible to face some problems due to network and security settings when trying to connect to the remote access system from offices or similar locations. Please contact the IT department of the institution you are working at when you encounter such a problem. If you are connecting to the remote access system from your home network, you need to check the Internet and network security settings of your personal computer.